Safety precautions and procedures during COVID-19. Your safety and health are of most importance to us!
- The latest county/city "Stay Home, Work Safe" order exempted mental health making your appointments essential to maintaining health and wellness. View the mandate here.
- During this latest city/county order, we are providing our counseling sessions using tele-therapy online platforms.
- Any handouts/paperwork will be handled electronically as to reduce the risk of any additional exposure through the use of exchanging paper.
- Most importantly, all of our therapists are offering Tele-health online sessions during this time to afford those over age 10 years old (as of now) the ability to stay home while still continuing their regularly scheduled sessions.
- There is NO extra charge for these sessions and there is NO additional programs to download on your computers.
- For tele-therapy online sessions, your therapist will arrange it by sending you a link to their personal virtual online waiting room. Our staff uses the online platform DOXY.ME. You can access this site by using any device that you feel the most comfortable.
Please make note that our 24 hour cancelation policy remains consistent and that if you would like to cancel your session for any reason, please do so 24 hours in advance by calling our mainline 210-490-4419. Otherwise, your fee will still be charged.
Why use teletherapy?
We understand that this is a time of great uncertainty and it intensifies the emotions that some are already dealing with on a regular basis. By utilizing Tele-therapy online sessions, one can continue their work without interruption and still have the support of their therapist until life begins to normalize.
It's important to keep in mind that if you take a break in treatment, there is a risk of losing progress already made (especially with children and teens) and possible regression. Please consider this in your decision-making process.